EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Role of the Executive Director:
The Executive Director is responsible for the effective leadership and management of the organisation, according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides leadership, direction and guidance of the organisation's activities; analyses and evaluates the effectiveness of the organisation's operations; and assures that administrative functions are accomplished through a defined administrative structure. Broadly, the Executive Director is expected to:
- Assure that R.E.A.C.H. has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide pro-active leadership in driving the fundraising priorities of the Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership in developing programme, organisational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorised by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of R.E.A.C.H.'s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in Autism and relevant fields.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field.
- At least seven years of experience in a human services related field.
- Five or more years of progressive supervisory/management experience in a non-profit organisation/institution.
- Previous experience involving coordination of volunteer-based initiatives.
- Previous experience in the planning and implementation of fundraising initiatives.
This recruitment is being facilitated by The Vivian Group on behalf of the R. E. A. C. H. organisation. The application deadline is November 30, 2015
. For a detailed job description, including required skills and competencies, and application information visit www.viviangroupbahamas.com/