Shakespeare in Paradise is looking for a
This is a part-time position paying $5,000 for four months’ work - July 1-October 31. Payment intervals negotiable -- weekly/biweekly/monthly. Gas and phone allowance additional. The Festival Assistant also has the opportunity to earn 10% commission on new sponsorships brought in by the assistant.
The Festival Assistant works directly with the Festival Director. The Festival Assistant drafts correspondence on behalf of the Festival Director, manages festival files, books appointments, places orders, schedules and sends follow-up correspondence, maintains databases, attends meetings with/for the Festival Director, and assists the Festival Director in assigning and managing Festival Interns.
The Festival Assistant manages the festival volunteers. This requires sourcing new volunteers and contacting regular ones, setting volunteer meetings, finding strengths and interests and assigning volunteers to different areas of the festival. This may require some liaising with the Artistic Director and his assistant.
The Festival Assistant also designs, sources, and develops incentive packages for local SiP casts. This may require some liaising with the Sales Manager and the Administrator.
The Festival Assistant maintains close and regular contact with the art director, the marketing manager, the marketing agency, the sales manager, the fundraising consultant, and the project manager. The Festival Assistant, together with the fundraising consultant, maintains regular correspondence with sponsors and ensures that sponsors receive their benefits in a timely manner.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with the following programmes: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Some familiarity with the Wordpress blogging platform
- An engaging telephone manner and the ability to interact well with corporate citizens
- The ability to take initiative and act in the best interests of the festival without having to be told
- The ability to work with different types of creative, highly motivated individuals, and the ability to take direction
- His/her own transportation
- The ability to commit to increased work hours as the festival nears (October 2-10 2015), particularly to unpredictable hours between September 26-October 12
Send resumes to admin@shakespeareinparadise.